Technical seminar on the production and production planning of textile concrete
Tuesday, March 09, 2021, 09:00 am, until Wednesday, March 10, 05:00 pmCopyright: Stanecker Betonfertigteilwerk GmbH
From reinforced concrete to textile concrete - but how?
Textile concrete, based on reinforcement made of glass fibers or carbon fibers, is clearly superior to classic reinforced concrete both economically and functionally.
Textile concrete products are lighter and thinner, requiring up to 80% less concrete compared to classic reinforced concrete due to the corrosion-free nature of textile reinforcements This can save resources and improve durability. In addition, textile concrete is stronger than reinforced concrete while using less material, because the strength of fibers exceeds that of steel by 2 to 6 times. Thus, a slender and lightweight construction can be realized, reducing transportation costs, increasing the useful building area and facilitating installation. In addition, with the innovative textile concrete, there is a high freedom of design of concrete components, which allows the production of curved facades and structural elements.
However, many questions arise when switching to a new material:
- What exactly is textile concrete?
- What is textile concrete made of?
- How can textile concrete be used?
- What differences must be taken into account in the production of textile concrete compared to reinforced concrete?
- What has to be considered in the processing and handling of textiles?
- For which areas of application is textile concrete interesting?
- Is approval required?
Answers to these and many other questions will be given at the technical seminar with machine, process demonstration and theory phases, on March 09 and 10.
The technical seminar will cover the textile reinforcements and concrete types used as well as the various manufacturing processes, casting, spraying and laminating. Practical trials and machine demonstrations will be carried out. Production planning as well as the structured introduction of textile concrete into production will be explained, among other things, in the form of a workshop. In addition, an insight into further necessary steps for component design, testing and approval as well as recycling will be given.
The Institute for Textile Technology at RWTH Aachen University has been developing industry-oriented solutions for construction with textile concrete for about 25 years. The Machine Tool Laboratory of RWTH Aachen University is an expert for integrative planning of agile and automated production. Thus, the 2-day technical seminar addresses engineers, architects, specialists and managers of companies in the construction industry (e.g. concrete processing companies, engineering consultancies and textile companies).
- Anmeldung: Marie Schmidt, E-Mail, Telefon: 0241/8049100
- Contact person: Dr Magdalena Kimm, E-Mail, phone: +49 241/80 24746
- Participation fee: More information about the content and the participation fee can be found here .
- Language: German
- Partner:Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen University, Homepage, in Kooperation mit AACHEN BUILDING EXPERTS e.V. (ABE), Homepage
- Registration: Marie Schmidt, e-mail, phone: +49 241 80 49 100
- Venue: Institut für Textiltechnik (ITA) of RWTH Aachen University, Otto-Blumenthal-Str. 1, 52074 Aachen, phone: +49 241/80 234 00, homepage, direction link. Subject to on-site, in the event of a contact limitation by COVID-19 regulations, the seminar will be held digitally.
Dr Magdalena Kimm
Head of Construction Composites (CON)
- +49 241 80 246 47
- Send Email