"1st International Conference on Cellulose Fibres" from 11-12 February 2020
Tuesday, 11 February, to Wednesday, 12 February 2020Copyright: nova-Institute
Cellulose fibres are a success story within the textiles market with a cumulated annual growth rate (CAGR) of at least 10 percent over the last ten years. This makes them the fastest growing fibre group in the textile industry and also the largest investment sector in the bio-based economy world wide. The high growth rates are driven by the demand for natural fibres (and bottlenecks in cotton), the microplastic problem and possible bans for plastic fibres. All three drivers will continue to play a significant role in the future development of the sector.
The conference will cover the entire value chain from the lignocellulosic feedstock, dissolving pulp, cellulose fibres – such as rayon, viscose, modal or lyocell and new developments, to a wide range of applications, woven textiles (clothing) and non-wovens (wipes and technical applications), as well as micro- and nanocellulose for food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. All these sectors have significantly gained in dynamics over the last few years.
Many new endeavours are on their way with the target of identifying and developing new technologies and business opportunities for a sustainable bio-based and circular economy. The aim is to gather technology providers and developers, academia and industry, pulp, fibre and equipment suppliers, retailers and textile brands, policy makers and investors to debate recent market dynamics.
Focus of the conference
- What are the recent technology and market trends?
- What are the future market dynamics? Who is active and interested in this sector?
- What are the main challenges to develop the value chains and the market demand?
- Which ecosystems and partnerships are required to drive innovation according to market needs?
- How will the political environment continue to develop? What will happen with plastic bans, microplastic avoidance, bio-based vs. fossil feedstocks, and sustainability
- to the event and registration - *get 10 % discount and use code "ITA10" for registration
- preliminary programme
- Venue: Maternushaus, Kardinal-Frings-Str. 1, 50668 Köln, Germany
- Organiser : nova-Institute, Mr Dominik Vogt, Chemiepark Knapsack, Industriestr. 300, 50354 Hürth, phone: +49(0) 2233-48-1449, E-Mail , Homepage
- The Institut für Textiltechnik of RWTH Aachen University, short ITA, is partner of the Cellulose Fibres Conference with information booth and lecture