Research at ITA
We develop, design and build components, aggregates and complete machines. This comprises:
- Fibre production (polymer spinning),
- Fibre processing (staple fibres: opening, cleaing, blending),
- Yarn formation (staple fibres and filaments),
- Fabric production (nonwovens, woven, knitted, warp-knitted, braided, and multiaxial layer fabrics),
- Tailoring and
- Recycling of fibres, yarns and fabrics.
Our research staff together with our students develop new technologies, design the resp. components and machines, carry out the necessary calculations and get the machines running.
This is done within publicly funded projects as well as in direct collaboration with industry.
Typical examples of our latest developments:
(ITA and Herzog GmbH & Co. KG)
ITA-ring spinning tester with 31.000 rpm
(fastest in the world)