The Institut für Textiltechnik belongs to the Faculty for Mechanical Engineering of RWTH Aachen University. The focus of our research is therefore on the development of new textile machines and new textile processes. We do not do research in textile design or finishing or clothing technology.
The current areas of research are
- Spinning, spinning preparation,
- Textile fabrics production (weaving, knitting/warp knitting, braiding)
- Man-made fibre technology
textiles and fibre-reinforced composites
- Medical textiles and biomaterials
- Smart Textiles
- Textile economics
- Quality management and process optimisation
We carry out research within publicly funded projects (e.g. EU) and also in direct R&D projects for industry.
If you are looking for a cooperation partnership, please contact us.